Over 100 years of providing first class accounting, tax and business advice
Operating from both 20 and 28 Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, George E Harding was a Licentiate member of the Central Association of Accountants. (An organisation formed in 1905 and had 930 members in 1909.)
George E Harding listed in the Certified Accountants Yearbook as a Fellow in public practice. Operating from offices – 28 Glebe Street, Stoke and District Bank Chambers, Longton.
The Partnership of Geo. E Harding of 8 Brook Street consisting of George Edward Harding, Thomas Edwards and Kenneth Edmund Goodwin was dissolved. The Partnership was carried on by George Harding and Tom Edwards from that date.
Following the Stoke-on-Trent D-road opening and demolition of buildings, the firm were required to leave the Brook Street premises and moved to the present address at 6 Marsh Parade, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 1DU.
Acquired the Elly & Higgins practice in Uttoxeter, a firm originally formed in 1923 by John William Elly (a former tax collector) He operated from near the Town Hall and moved to 12 Carter Street. In the 1940’s he was joined by his two Grandsons – Vivian and Cyril Higgins. They then traded as Elly & Higgins. John Elly died in 1946 and the practice was operated in that form until 1983.
Trading in Partnership with Peter Taylor and John Wright as Harding Higgins Partnership. Kevin Broadhurst retired and Tim McNeal was appointed a partner.
Brian Baggaley and Michael Fox were appointed as Partners to take over the client base operated by Colin Redman. They transferred their own clients from a Longton-based firm of Chartered Accountants. Hardings then operated as Chartered Accountants.